I decided to give 'Advent' a try this year. I finally found some advents to chose from at a Target in Costa Mesa (thank you Sarah!) apparently the two Targets in Santa Ana near my work don't carry them.
My sister Michelle really enjoyed Advent last year and a few of my friends and cousins also had fun with it last year too, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon too!!
Due to my schedule, I'm going to blog a few days at a time, enjoy!
~ ~ ~
Tuesday Dec. 1 - Make a Holiday Treat, Read a Christmas Story
It's Meg's day to open advent door #1. Meg and I made green rice crispy treats with holiday m-m's and then we cut them out with a tree-cookie cutter.
Then the girls got their pajamas on and we read Tedd Arnold's "Huggly's Snow Day" (Meg picked the story)

~ ~ ~
Wednesday Dec. 2nd - Have A Dance Party to Christmas Music!
It was Katie's turn to open Advent door #2. The girls got 'dressed-up' and then they danced to Brenda Lee's "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" and Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You!".
The girls rocked their fabulous outfits and rocked the living room with their sweet dance moves! Bonus Question: Can you spot Max in the picture below? Hint: top left, in the glass candle holder, he is so sneaky!

~ ~ ~
Thursday Dec. 3rd - Sing Silent Night and Jingle Bells
Tonight it was Peyton's turn to open door #3. She was so excited! She had watched M & K do it the previous two days, so I told her it was her turn and pointed to the third door and she just had a huge grin, ahh. She opened the door and pulled out the paper and then started squakin (like she was reading). Since it was her night she got to pick out the first instrument for Jingle Bells.

~ ~ ~
Friday Dec. 4th - Write to Santa, watch Barbie's Christmas Carol
Meg opened door #4 and then she and Katie made their lists, well Meg made a list and Katie drew a picture of her cousin Sydney.
Friday night is usually movie night at our home, the girls get to watch a movie on the big TV in the family room and they bring their pillow, stuffed animals, blankets (basically everything on their bed).
Why Barbie's version? I know there are plenty of Christmas Carol's out there, but I have 3 girls, so Barbie wins, that's why.
~ ~ ~
Wednesday Dec. 2nd - Have A Dance Party to Christmas Music!
It was Katie's turn to open Advent door #2. The girls got 'dressed-up' and then they danced to Brenda Lee's "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" and Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You!".
~ ~ ~
Thursday Dec. 3rd - Sing Silent Night and Jingle Bells
Tonight it was Peyton's turn to open door #3. She was so excited! She had watched M & K do it the previous two days, so I told her it was her turn and pointed to the third door and she just had a huge grin, ahh. She opened the door and pulled out the paper and then started squakin (like she was reading). Since it was her night she got to pick out the first instrument for Jingle Bells.
~ ~ ~
Friday Dec. 4th - Write to Santa, watch Barbie's Christmas Carol
Meg opened door #4 and then she and Katie made their lists, well Meg made a list and Katie drew a picture of her cousin Sydney.
Why Barbie's version? I know there are plenty of Christmas Carol's out there, but I have 3 girls, so Barbie wins, that's why.
1 comment:
So your advent is about activities instead of just opening up for treats huh? Thats a great idea. Maybe next year. We actually adopted the Elf on the Shelf tradition this year. Fun stuff.
Post a Comment