Sat. Dec. 19th - Go to a Holiday Cookie Party!
It was Meg's turn to open advent door #19 this morning. We were invited to an annual cookie party at the Sheldon's home, a friend from our ward. (She is the seamstress who custom made the girls flower-girl dresses from Andrew & Wynter's wedding, click here)
~
Sun. Dec. 20th - Make Snowmen!
Katie's turn to open advent door #20 today. The girls were confused as to how they were going to make snowmen since its warm outside and no snow. Meg guessed if we were going to Big Bear to play in the snow. Sorry, they'll have to wait until after church to find out!!!
So after church I showed the girls how we were going to make snowmen, by using cling-ons!! The cling-ons were a hit when they decorated the bathroom with princess cling-ons (see advent on Dec. 10th)
I bought this package from Target and it had a family of three snow-people, so one for each girl. I chose our french doors in the family room to the backyard as our backdrop for our little snow family.
The kit came with the three snow-bodies, then it had several faces, hats, scarfs and accessories so the girls could each be creative. Peyton really enjoyed being able to participate, plus it was at her height level. She picked out the hat and scarf and then I helped her cling it to the window.
~
Mon. Dec. 21st - Go see Christmas Lights & the Snoopy House!!
Peyton's turn to open the advent door. So tonight Adam took the girls along with his mom, aunt Julie and his friend Rob and Rob's two kids to go see Christmas lights in a few local neighborhoods. I had the night off, sort of, I was home wrapping presents and last minute shopping.
A HUGE tradition for Adam's family is going to the Snoopy House. A home near my mother-in-laws decks out their entire front lawn from the Peanuts comic strip. The whole Peanuts gang is there in wood cut-outs. Adam remembers going here as a child with his family.
No comments:
Post a Comment