Saturday Dec. 12th - Decorate a Gingerbread House!
It was Peyton's turn to open door #12 today. The girls wore their holiday green shirts for the fun activity.
I bought a pre-made gingerbread house kit from Target, having never made one before I felt this would be easier on Adam and me. The kit had the house already assembled and it came with tons of candy and icing, so all we had to do was decorate! Sweet!!
~
Sunday Dec. 13th - Ornament Exchange; make Snowflakes; watch Christmas Vacation!
Meghan's turn today to open door #13. She read the slip of paper and said to me 'We have a lot to do today'! Yep! First up was an ornament exchange with Grandma Cathy! She came over after church and the girls wore their green shirts, again (I do wash them).
Every year my mom gives the grandchildren each an ornament and each family a book. It really makes decorating the tree so special. I have the girls put their ornaments from my parents up first in year order, then all the other ornaments. It takes awhile because we talk about each one, but Meg and Katie get so excited about some of their ornaments because they remember them.
This year Peyton got a "2" ornament for her second Christmas. Katie got a Tinkerbell/Lost Treasure ornament.
Meghan's ornament is on order and will be delivered after Christmas. So we will keep the tree up until she gets it so she can hang it up this year. Since Meg was baptized this year it's a baptism ornament. She can't wait to see it.
Meghan's turn today to open door #13. She read the slip of paper and said to me 'We have a lot to do today'! Yep! First up was an ornament exchange with Grandma Cathy! She came over after church and the girls wore their green shirts, again (I do wash them).
This year Peyton got a "2" ornament for her second Christmas. Katie got a Tinkerbell/Lost Treasure ornament.
Meg opened the book for this year, "Santa's First Flight".
Then the girls gave Grandma her 2009 ornament, with all 7 grandchildren's names.
After the ornament exchange, it was time to make snowflakes. Meg got a little frustrated when she over-cut and ended up having 4 separate pieces when she opened it up. But we fixed it and she made a few more that were still attached. Then we taped them on the kitchen pantry doors! I think the snowflakes look great!
1 comment:
I love all the fun things you are doing with your family to help get ready for Christmas. I've been enjoying reading about all the fun activities. And I think it's great that the girls are getting a lot of use out of their darling christmas shirts!!
Post a Comment