Friday, December 18, 2009

Music Performance, & Advent - Dec. 18th

Today Meghan's school had their BIG Winter Music Performance. Meg wanted her hair braided since she would be wearing a Santa hat. First on stage was the kindergarten classes and they sang Jingle Bells and 2 other songs. They exited the stage and next up was the two 2nd grade classes and the two 3rd grade classes. Meg is in the 3rd grade. She is wearing a red top and santa hat and in the front row.
It was a sea of red Santa hats everywhere. Meg is right above the music teachers head. After singing three songs the 2nd graders sat down on the stage while the 3rd graders played two songs on the recorder. Meg has been practicing the last few weeks for this.

~~~
Friday Dec. 18th - A Secret Person will come tonight to have 'FUN' with you!!!
Peyton's turn this morning to open door #18 this morning. Adam has his holiday office party tonight at Mr. Stox so we have a 'secret person' coming over to watch the girls.
Meg was trying to guess who the 'secret person' was. Her first guess: Santa, I told her Santa was a little busy right now. Next guess, Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus, seriously? She really thought that since it was a 'secret' person is was someone BIG! I wouldn't even want to know how much that would cost to have them come babysit 3 little girls. Meg at her music performance asked for a hint, I just smiled and said she'll find out tonight!!

My mom arrived about 5 minutes before the girls came home with Adam, so when they walked in the house they were so excited to see Grandma! Meg said "is Grandma the secret person? I thought it was her."
yeah right, maybe after several realistic guesses she would have guessed right.
Grandma played games with the girls before dinner, then after dinner was the FUN part!
I came home from work and prepared a scavenger hunt for the girls. They love scavenger hunts. There was 8 or 9 clues. The girls carry a basket to gather the clues in. I love the pic below of them thinking of the next clue.
They ran all over the house: clock in the family room, bathtub, dog pen, Peyton's changing table, etc. The tricky one I left was to find the stocking without the letter N, answer is Adam. I have a N and the girls all end with a N. Meg figured it out really quickly.
The final clue said to go to the oven and there they found wooden puzzles for them to color. (On sale at Michaels for .40 each!)
The girls had fun with the scavenger hunt and coloring their new puzzles.

No comments: