Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent - Dec. 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th

Monday Dec. 7th - Read a Christmas Story by the Fire!
Meg's turn today to open door #7. After dinner tonight Adam got a fire started in the fireplace and then Meg read the Berenstain Bears "Trim the Tree" to her sisters.


~~~
Tues. Dec. 8th - Hang the Stockings, and a Special Christmas Dinner!
It was Katie's turn to open door #8 today. When we got home tonight the girls hung their stockings on the fireplace.

My paternal grandmother hand-made my stocking the year I was born, she made one for every family member. Sadly, she is no longer with us so my mom has continued the tradition with her 3 son-in-laws and 7 grandchildren.

For the 'Christmas' dinner, I made breakfast for dinner! French Toast that is. I love eating breakfast for dinner and so do my girls. For the "Special" part, I used Christmas cookie-cutters and made the french toast into the shapes of a tree, star and candy cane.

~~~
Wed. Dec. 9th - Craft Night with daddy, watch Shrek the Halls
Peyton's turn today, she was so excited to open door #9! I had Relief Society tonight so I wanted to leave something fun and easy. After dinner Adam got the card table out and placed it right in front of the tree, Meg and Katie did a Nativity sticker craft (from the Primary breakfast last Sat) while Peyton colored (and ate crayons) then they watched 'Shrek the Halls' as it was on tv tonight at 8pm.


~~~

Thurs. Dec. 10 - Decorate the bathroom mirror!

It was Meg's turn to open door #10. when she read the note that said decorate the bathroom mirror she gave me this weird look and said "the mirror?". Then I showed her the Disney Princess Cling-ons that I bought, and now I'm cool.

Meg cleaned the mirror, then all three girls decorated the mirror with the cling-ons. M & K mostly did the decorating but we had Peyt do one, she loves to be included. Then Peyton turned on the faucet and got her pants soaked and was thus quickly removed from the craft experience. Katie told me that the mirror was beautiful, and Meg said every time she uses the bathroom she'll think of Christmas.

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

Our family is also doing an advent calendar!! Thanks so much for sharing what you guys have been doing, it's been great getting some more fun ideas!!