Monday Dec. 14th - Make a cake using the H&G House Pan
Katie's turn! She opened the advent door and it said to make a cake using Uncle Jared's pan! Several years ago, my very talented brother-in-law Jared created a bundt pan that was sold at Williams Sonoma. Its a Hansel & Gretel house. So I bought one and had him autograph the box so its worth a lot now, plus its discontinued, so its really worth something now!
So we used a pumpkin cake mix (since we don't like gingerbread) and the cake came out great. I wanted to decorate it but the girls were tired. The cake was yummy and I really enjoyed eating one of the corner towers.
~
Tuesday Dec. 15th - Color Christmas Pictures
I had Young Women's tonight and we were meeting almost an hour earlier because we were going ice skating, so Peyton opened the advent door and it said 'color Christmas pictures', nice and easy for daddy! But I took the camera with me so no pics but I came home to some beautiful pictures.
~
Wed. Dec. 16th - Hang Mistletoe and smooch
Meghan's turn, when we read that we were going to hang mistletoe, the girls were like ???? So we hung up fresh mistletoe. Then I read some info about mistletoe off the Internet and then we all took turns smooching on the check, except me and Adam, we are allowed to kiss on the lips BECAUSE we're married!! That's the rule, gotta be married to kiss on the lips!

~
Thurs. Dec. 17th - Coloring! (Again)
Katie opened the advent door and it said 'color more Christmas pictures'. Again? Yeah I know, but I needed to wrap presents, address Christmas cards and do lots of laundry so I really didn't have the energy to do anything creative. Besides, the girls like to color, well, Meg and Katie like to color and Peyton likes to eat crayons.
So here's a craft tip: Do you have a LOT of crafts, pictures and other items that your kids have made and you would love to display it on your fridge but yet your fridge seriously isn't big enough to hold all of these pieces of art???
Solution: I have gold braided string that I hang on my hallway walls and then I use clothes-pins to hang the art.
The art can be changed or moved around and the clothes-pins don't damage the art. Plus it makes my hallway look great, the girls proudly display all their crafts and my fridge doesn't get attacked. I change the art with theholidays or seasons. I also write the year on the back, the wreath below (far right) Meg made in kindergarten. When I pulled it out of the tub she was so excited that she got to hang it up in the hallway again this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment