OK....it's been a while since I blogged. On Thanksgiving this year we hosted. We had a full house of family and I took ZERO pictures. We had family over for pancake puffs. Then some the adults played a great game of trivial pursuit. We ate turkey and all the fixing's and NO PICS were taken. Sorry.
But, good news is Max arrived at our home on Thanksgiving Day. Max is the little elf that comes to our home every day to watch the girls, then every night he goes back to the North Pole to report to Santa on whether the girls were naughty or nice that day. Then Max appears the next morning at a new spot to observe from a new location. Our rules are that we can't touch him, we can talk to him all we want, but no touching!!! Max has to follow Santa's rule which is that he can't talk to us!!
The idea is from 'Elf on the Shelf', I was able to buy the book and Max at a Hallmark store at the Irvine Spectrum, or he is available online too at http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/about-us. The book tells all the rules and that you have to name your elf, the girls chose Max as the name, and that on Christmas Eve he will return to live with Santa but will return the following year.
So here is Max perched on Katie's shelf...
...in the living room on a wall candle....
...on the curtains...
..in the playroom...It is hard to remember EACH NIGHT to relocate Max, but I haven't forgotten yet. The girls every morning search for Max and get excited when they find him. They say good morning to him, Meg tells him about how good she is at school, it's hilarious overhearing some of the conversations. I have also caught Meg being very good in a fake way, for example, "Oh Katie, of course you can borrow my necklace!" and my favorite: "Oh I would love to help you Mother!" all for Max's benefit, but I'm loving it!
This is definitely a tradition that we will be using for a very long time. I truly suggest this for everyone to try next year. I have recommended it to a few friends and we have all shared great stories of the effect these elves have had in our family homes.
oh yeah, in case it matters....Jennifer Gardner has the book too....
5 comments:
That is a great idea! I can't wait to check out the book! If it helps them to help others and create a Christmas tradition, why not?
I love that! It totally keeps them in line, I need one of those elves.
So glad you did this.
I think that is a great idea. I need to look into getting one of those for next year.
What a fun idea.... and I love that your girls named him Max! This is something I will definitely have to try when Owen is a little bit older and can understand it. I love hallmark and all their cool stuff!
Post a Comment