The Blessing of Peyton Elizabeth

This little girl was blessed last Sunday by her father. Many have asked about her name so here it goes: Peyton: it is my mom's maiden name; Elizabeth: family name on both sides, I have many relatives with Elizabeth as either a first or middle name and Adam's grandma and 1 sister's middle names are Elizabeth.

Peyton wore the same dress and hat that her two older sisters, Meghan and Kaitlyn wore when they were blessed. I love traditions!

It was raining, but here was a quick picture of our family of five after Peyton's blessing.

Since this my first child after my dad died, Adam wore one of my dad's ties when he blessed Peyton.
(I got the idea from my sister Michelle, her husband Jared also wore one of my dad's ties when he blessed my niece Annabelle last year) The 'P' tie tack was my Grandpa Peyton's. As Peyton is named after him (the family name) it just made it more special and unique for her blessing. It meant a lot to me that Adam wore these two items.

Peyton with her daddy and grandpa.
There was a luncheon at our home after the blessing.

Katie and Uncle Jeff goofing around

Sisters! Adam's Aunt Julie and mom Babette

Peyton with her Uncle Taylor and Aunt Atalie
(Atalie's middle name is also Elizabeth)

Some of the family: my cousin Holly, Meghan, Adam's brother Andrew and his wife Wynter, Katie and Adam's sister April.

My Uncle Keith & Aunt Lolly, Larry, my Aunt Diane, my mom, and my Aunt Dorothy & Uncle Tom enjoying lunch

My cousin Holly & me

my mom with her 2 sisters and their hubbys

Peyton with the
original Peyton girls

My Aunt Lolly's middle name is also Elizabeth.
My girls with their 2 grandma's!!!
3 comments:
Such sweet family traditions. What a good idea to have all your babies wear the same thing to get blessed in, it makes being blessed that much more special. I love that Peyton's name has so much meaning behind it.
What beautiful pictures to commemorate the day; thank you Andrea for being a wonderful daughter. I am so blessed!!
What great pictures! She is so cute...I just wanna squish her with hugs and kisses.
Post a Comment