Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Right Stuff!

So in my previous blog, I hinted to a concert that my 2 sisters and I attended this weekend...
...well, after many years of Hanging Tough, we 3 Cover Girls went to the New Kids on the Block concert in Salt Lake City last Saturday night!!!!
Over 18 years ago Laura and I along with our cousins Jaime and Melissa, two other girls plus my aunt and my mom went to their concert. I was a HUGE Jordan fan and Laura loved Jon. The plan 18 years ago was that we were going to marry the Knight brothers, be neighbors and raise our kids together. Those plans obviously changed. Michelle was never a huge fan but she like their music. When news of their reunion/come-back tour was announced we three knew we had to go together this time, just us three.
First we went to dinner just us three, then we headed to the concert. There was 2 opening acts, Lady Gaga and Natasha Bedingfield...then NKOTB took the stage. It was awesome!! I admit that I cried (a lot!), screamed (I love you Jordan!!), and danced like I was 13 again.
(My sister Michelle has proof, she has incriminating video of Laura and I professing our love to Jon and Jordan AND us crying tears of joy)
Here is a video of "The Right Stuff" (31 seconds). What I really enjoyed was that they used a lot of their old dance moves, and it was great to see the audience mimicking the same moves. They sang all their hits and a few new ones off their new album.

Spoiler Alert! The guys surprised the audience by appearing in the middle of the floor on this little stage. They sang 3 songs here. The stage had a piano and it turned!

Here is a video of them singing "Tonight" (30 seconds) on the little stage in the middle of the floor.



Here is a video of "I'll be Loving You Forever" (49 seconds).


The five guys from Boston saying good-bye.
The concert was amazing. They sang for over 2 hours. My throat hurt so bad from screaming and my ears were slightly deaf from all the music and screaming ladies but it was so much fun. After the concert we headed to Applebees for dessert and then back to Laura's to crash.

1 round-trip airplane ticket to Salt Lake City and back ~ $179.00
1 awesome ticket to the New Kids on the Block concert ~ $77.50
Going to the New Kids concert with my 2 sisters!!!! PRICELESS!!!

5 comments:

Angie Judd said...

Oh my heck!! I am green with envy!

Camilla said...

What a fun weekend!

Cathy Lewis said...

HOW FUN!!!! Thanks for the pics and videos, they made me want to be there, too. You ended up with pretty good seats. I love you all so much.

The Hull Family said...

So fun that you have sisters to do this kind of stuff with. Good times!

michelle said...

oh yeah.