Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome baby Azlin!

So we got the call Friday afternoon that Wynter was being admitted to the hospital. Yea!!! I went and visited her Friday evening and she was really sick, her blood pressure was wacky so she was on meds for that but then that made her nauseous so they gave her meds for nausea, etc.... When I left after midnight the anesthesiologist was on his way to give her an epidural and she was around 4 cm, so baby wasn't going to be coming for awhile.
I got home and went to bed close to 1am after laying out the girls outfits for the next morning. Then we got the call around 5ish, Wytner's blood pressure had dropped and the baby was in duress, so they were going to do an emergency c-section within 30 minutes and Andrew wanted Adam to come down and give her a blessing. I immediately started to cry as I knew this wasn't what Wynter wanted and this was me 9 years ago with Meg, it sucks, it just really sucks. So I went with Adam (the girls wouldn't be up for awhile and Aric is upstairs). We got to Hoag Hospital and as soon as I saw Wynter we just cried. I could tell she was scared so I reassured her that everything would be ok. Adam and Andrew gave her a blessing and then she was wheeled down the hall....
Adam headed home to be there when the girls woke up and to get them dressed for breakfast with Santa. Family started to arrive and we all waited in the waiting area forever!
I had to leave around 8am to go home and still no word. FINALLY during breakfast I got a text that she was born before 7am and all was good. So here she is.... the newest member of our family: Azlin Starr McGary with one of her many cousins Meghan.
She is just so precious! It was really odd to be on the other side of the delivery experience and getting to wait in the waiting room. On the McGary side, this is the first cousin for the girls and it was so different to be local. On my side of the family each of my sisters have children but they live far away so I get to hear the news via telephone and see pics via email and then I see the baby weeks/months later. Local is a lot better, it's easier to snuggle and kiss a newborn in person.

No comments: