Saturday, March 6, 2010

Girl's Weekend/Mom's Birthday Part 1

So this weekend my mom is turning 60!!!
We asked her what she wanted for her 60th birthday:
A BIG party? No.
A little party? No.
She asked for a girls weekend with her three daughters. Done.
So my two sisters flew into town without their husbands or children. Laura flew in Thursday night and Michelle flew in Friday morning. After we picked up Michelle at the airport we headed down to San Diego/La Jolla area just us four. The car ride down was nice, no traffic, it was a beautiful sunny day. Once we got to La Jolla we stopped and had a yummy lunch at "Croutons" near the San Diego Temple. It was nice to eat and see the temple on the other side of the parking lot.
After lunch we went over to the "Salk Institute" and walked around. It is really interesting how the buildings change with the angle you're looking at it.
Then we went and checked into our hotel which is across the freeway from the temple. Then we all changed so we could go here...

...the San Diego Temple. I love how the sunlight is behind the temple. Here is a close-up of the same pic of me, Laura, my mom and Michelle, aka The Lewis Ladies!
My mom really wanted to do a session with all four of us, done. Afterwards we headed over to "P.F. Changs" for dinner.After dinner we went and got snacks and watched a movie in our hotel room.
~
Saturday morning we ate breakfast and then headed to Coronado Island. First, I'm really proud that I drove over the bridge, it was huge and really high and I don't do well with that stuff, my hands were sweating and I was really nervous but we made it and I was ok.
We drove around Coronado which is a really cute town and found this quiet park that overlooks San Diego and the bay.
The birthday girl and her three daughters.
Next we headed to the famous 'Hotel del Coronado'. WOW. This place is amazing. The woodwork is gorgeous. Here is the chandelier in the foyer, look at the woodwork on the ceiling!! Love it! We walked around the grounds and then headed to the beach and it was really windy and really cold (see the dark clouds coming in)
As we were walking to the car it started to sprinkle a bit. We drove back over the bridge (I still was nervous but I did it) and then we headed over to "Anthony's Fish Grotto" for lunch. I had the sole and it was really good. Here is me and Laura,
and Michelle with our mom.
After eating way to much food at Anthony's we sort of headed home but first stopped at a movie theatre in Tustin to watch "When in Rome", cute chick flick.
(next up: the rest of the weekend!)


No comments: