Sunday, March 21, 2010

Squirrel!

So this afternoon I'm in one of the bedrooms when I hear Meg yell "flying squirrel!"
My first thought was 'yeah right', I admit we've seen a few opossums over the years, but a squirrel? a flying squirrel? We live next to a freeway so not exactly 'squirrelish' area. So I grabbed my camera (just in case) and walked into the kitchen where she was looking out the window to see what she might have seen.
then I saw it
I saw a furry tail in our neighbor's tree.
Yep, it's a squirrel. Meg said she saw it 'fly' from one tree to the other tree.
It paraded around this tree for about 10 minutes, then jumped on our back wall...
as it scampered across the block wall Meg was yelling "Squirrel!" "Squirrel!" (I was laughing because it reminded me of the movie Up!)
The squirrel went right past the dogs in the dog run and they didn't even move, blink or wag their tails. I guess they don't like squirrels.

No comments: