So Saturday afternoon after seeing the chick flick "When in Rome" (adorable movie), my mom, sisters and I headed back to my house to drop me off so I could spend some time with my family. My mom and sisters headed to the grocery store and then went back to my mom's house.
~
My mom wanted an evening with her children. Done.
Saturday night I headed over to my mom's and had dinner with her, my sisters and brother Jeff. It was just us five. After dinner we played some games and laughed way too much. It was a really enjoyable evening just my mom and her 4 kids. I loved that it was just us with no grandkids/kids, no hubbies, just our 'original' family and it really made me miss my dad. Even though a few times we had my mom laughing so hard she couldn't talk or breathe normally ...he would have loved teasing her too.
~
Sunday, the "official" birthday day. My mom wanted all of us to go with her to church. Done. The pew was full! It was my mom, her 4 children, plus Adam and my three girls. It was good to see familiar faces at my mom's ward, and a few that came up to say hi to the "Lewis Girl's". After church we went back to my mom's for lunch: chicken tacos!

Laura & Michelle did a great job making lunch.

After lunch Meg helped Michelle frost my moms hot-water chocolate birthday cake and Michelle taught Meg how to play the happy birthday song on the piano. The piano always gets lots of attention.

Katie opened her birthday gift early from Laura's family, it was a little treasure box that she got to paint.

Then it was time for birthday cake, not just any cake but hot water chocolate cake.
There are 60 candles on this cake
(and no Michelle, I didn't remove any of them, I just teased you to see if you would recount them)
The heat from the 60 candles was hilarious, some of the frosting was melting off the cake. Adam had to hold it at arms length in fear of his beard catching on fire. We all sang happy birthday to my mom while Meg played the piano. Then with the help of all 3 grandkids, my mom blew the candles all out! Check out those cheeks!
The cake was delicious. After cake Meg wanted to play Uno with Grandma, me and Aunt Michelle.
My mom said she had a wonderful birthday weekend. I know this birthday was hard as she officially out lived my dad (he was 59 when he died). But Bella was technically a year older than Edward, and he didn't care! "Age is just a number" So there mom!
**So to sum up my mom's birthday wishes**
Girl's weekend with her 3 amazing daughters: Done
Temple Session: Done
Chick Flick: Done (twice!)
Dinner with her 4 kids: Done
Game Night with her 4 kids: Done
Church with her children: Done
Hot water chocolate birthday cake: Done
Having the BEST 60th birthday weekend a gal could ask for: DONE!
love ya mom!
2 comments:
I love how you refer to Twilight at the end...classic. Hope your mom had a great birthday! (by the looks of it she did!)
It was the best birthday in my 60 years, bar none! Thank you to my wonderful family for making it so. I am so lucky and richly blessed with all of you.
Post a Comment