Friday, March 19, 2010

Fun Day with the Birthday Girl!

~ Today someone turned 5 ~

I took the day-off from work and Katie and I went to Pretend City in Irvine for some fun! It's a childrens museum that's mapped like a city, it has streets and cars to drive in. It has a beach area, marina, bank, post office, house, construction area, art studio, cafe, police station, fire station...


Katie and I had a lot of fun at 'Pretend City'. We were there for almost 3 hours. Katie really enjoyed the Marina (water area) and the Cafe. I really enjoyed the marina too. It was nice for me to spend alone time with just Katie, and for her to have alone time with me.
After Pretend City, Katie and I headed over to the Spectrum Mall to meet up with Adam for lunch at Johnny Rockets. She was so excited to have lunch with daddy.

It was such a nice day! Perfect weather. We sat and ate lunch, just us three. The waitress brought her a balloon and an ice cream sundae.

Then we walked around, just us three, Katie in the middle, she loved being able to hold both Adam and my hands. We then asked Katie if she wanted to go on the ferris wheel but she opted for the carousel. After that Adam headed home (he worked half day) to do a few errands for me while Katie and I went to get her cake. She loved picking it up, the lady in the bakery made such a big deal about it being her birthday. Then we headed over to Grandma's house for coloring fun and birthday cupcakes with her day-care friends. The game plan was to go out to dinner with our family of five, but Katie wanted 'Mickey Nuggets' so we stayed home per the birthday girl's wishes.

After dinner and baths, I told the girls to come in the living room...
and give each other kisses = Meg and Katie kissed Peyton, but Peyton was trying to kiss me.
Then we sang 'Happy Birthday' to Katie and she opened one gift, 2 sun-dresses!
Happy Birthday Katie!!!! We Love ya!!

2 comments:

Cathy Lewis said...

A fun, perfect day for our Katie! It's so great to see how much more involved Katie was at Pretend City from last year when I took her. Loved all the pics and slide show at PC.

michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Katie - what a sweet and pretty little girl. She's just darling. Love seeing the pictures of her when she was small too.