Today we celebrated Katie's 5th birthday with a small party with family.
I added a little 'bling' to Katie's picture in our entryway. She was so excited to see this plus it went with the pink and red theme. (Trick to holding up the boa: fancy toothpicks at the four corners and whallahh!!)
We served yummy bar-b-que'd hamburgers, brats and hot dogs along with chocolate dipped strawberries, chips and other yummy sides. I always have pics of the birthday child on the tables and countertops.
Katie really wanted a "Strawberry Shortcake" cake, so everything was red and pink to go with her theme.
We had a bounce house that was lots of fun. Peyton loves to jump.

After a nice leisure lunch we then watched Katie open her gifts. Adam and I always 'help'. We always have a slide show of the birthday girl on the big tv, I think it adds a nice element to the party plus its neat to see the birthday child thru the years, AND the birthday child loves that there's an element that's just for them!
Katie got a lot of cute sundresses and hair stuff. She got a blanket hand-made by her great-grandma in Idaho.
After a nice leisure lunch we then watched Katie open her gifts. Adam and I always 'help'. We always have a slide show of the birthday girl on the big tv, I think it adds a nice element to the party plus its neat to see the birthday child thru the years, AND the birthday child loves that there's an element that's just for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment