So today, this beautiful young lady was baptized. Here she is in her new confirmation dress.
(Our tradition will be for our daughters to be baptized in the family dress (see next photo), but they each will have a new confirmation dress of their own)
Meg with her parents before her baptism. Adam and I are so proud of Meg.
I was an emotional wreck the entire hour, actually most of the day, I'm emotional anyways but my baby was being baptized and I was missing my dad, it was hot, and a lot of other crap too.
~
Adam did an amzing job as I expected with Meg's confirmation. Here is Meg with all the men who were in the confirmation circle.
My sisters live in Salt Lake City and San Francisco and their families came for the weekend. Here is my side of the family.
And Adam's side of the family.
After her baptism, we all headed back to our house for an open house/dinner celebration.
When Adam and I were in the Canary Islands a few years ago I bought this amazing hand stitched tablecloth, since it was white it was perfect for the food table. We served pulled pork sandwiches, meatball marinara sandwiches, watermelon, grapes, chips, coleslaw, brownies and butterscotch brownies.
After dinner it was time to really celebrate Meg's birthday, so she open all her presents. For her baptism, Adam and I gave her a CTR necklace and bracelet (see confirmation pic) along with her own scriptures. My mom gave her a tote. She even got a pink CTR ring from her Uncle Andrew & Aunt Wynter and Scripture bookmarks from Annabelle and Eleanor. She is set!
Meghan also got lots of clothes, posters, shoes, a porcelain tea set, craft and art projects, and other fun stuff. Then it was cake time. We all sang happy birthday to the birthday girl.
After everyone left and it was bedtime, Meg said it was the BEST DAY EVER! I asked her if she felt different now that she was baptized, and she said she felt special and loved. Here come the tears again!
After dinner it was time to really celebrate Meg's birthday, so she open all her presents. For her baptism, Adam and I gave her a CTR necklace and bracelet (see confirmation pic) along with her own scriptures. My mom gave her a tote. She even got a pink CTR ring from her Uncle Andrew & Aunt Wynter and Scripture bookmarks from Annabelle and Eleanor. She is set!
Here she is in her new Hanana Montana bedding set.
~
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone for coming this weekend. Also THANK YOU to Laura for food prep and keeping me sane before the baptism. Thanks to Johnny, Laura, Michelle, Jared and mom for taking over my kitchen and getting 'everything last minute' ready for me. And thank you Jeff for all the photos, incuding mom cutting the cake this time! lol. And thank you to Babette and mom for helping with clean up and putting food away. I am very blessed to have such an amazing family! Love you all!
3 comments:
Love you. I still can't believe little Meg is EIGHT.
A wonderful day. Hey, I think our family pic after the baptism looks great! Maybe I should use that one!
I love that you have the dress that you were baptized in, that is so special! What a great tradition! Megan looks beautiful all in white, what a special day!
Post a Comment