Friday, August 28, 2009

Family Vacation 2009 - Part 3

Welcome to Yosemite Pines!
We are now in the Yosemite area, near the north/west entrance at an RV park. Due to a local fire a few miles away we weren't allowed to use firewood, charcoal only. So Adam got some charcoal and we still were able to grill hot dogs. It just took a LOT longer to cook our food.
I really wanted to use the fire pits/grills as much as possible on this trip. I wanted the girls to have the experience in making their meals.
Thankfully we love hot dogs and hamburgers.

Tonight we decided to try a new dessert. We were getting tired of smores every night.
We took tin foil, layered cut up banana, and then added Recess Peanut Butter Cups, Hersey chocolate bars and marshmallows.
We packaged it up and wrote our names with a marker on the side. Then placed them on the grill.
30 minutes later it wasn't melted enough but the girls were tired of waiting (the charcoal really is slow) so we dug in anyways.
Some of the chocolate was still cold but they didn't care.
I left mine on for another 30 minutes and it finally was melted. Next time I won;t mix the Recess with the Hersey's, the two chocolates are very distinctly different and melted together tasted weird.
But overall the idea was fun. Meg and Katie enjoyed smoshing the dessert too.

1 comment:

Cathy Lewis said...

Those desserts sounded great!