Friday, July 18, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

For as long as I can remember, my parents have always had season tickets to the theatre. As a child, I remember looking at the playbill the next morning and hearing my mom sing songs from the performance the night before. I am grateful that I grew up in a home with a mother who adored musicals and loved to sing. As a mom now to 3 girls, singing and dancing is a daily routine in our home.
After my father died, I bought his season tickets and now I get to go with my mom. There are four performances a year and we make it a date night night, just us two, we go to dinner and then to the show. Our season tickets are with Musical Theatre West which performs at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center in Long Beach.
Last year when we were looking at the 4 shows in 2008, we noted that "The Wizard of Oz' was playing in July, my mom said Meghan could have her ticket and then Meg and I could go as a date....then I found out I was expecting and due in July! So, Meg took my ticket and went with Grandma instead, so I could stay home with Peyton who is now 8 days old.

Meghan got all dressed up including perfume, her butterfly necklace, 2 braids...


...and her red slippers of course!!

Katie was NOT excited for Meg.

According to Meghan, she had a fabulous time!! She and Grandma went to Red Robin for dinner, she had the grilled cheese sandwich and a chocolate milkshake!! At the theatre, she said everyone loved her shoes and braids. She really enjoyed the show and her two favorite characters were the 2 witches. She liked the Wicked Witch for her laugh and the Good Witch because she wore a beautiful dress.
Thank you mom for making it a fun night with Meg.

5 comments:

Cathy Lewis said...

My pleasure! We had a fun night and it worked out so perfectly that the play in July was the Wizard of Oz. Poor Katie, I will definitely have to do something extra special for her next March...we'll celebrate both our birthdays in a super way.

Angie Judd said...

What a great grandma-granddaughter date! I'm sure it will be a memory that Meghan will forever have.

Laura said...

So cute! I love that she wore the shoes and did her hair in braids. Meghan is the cutest girl!

Jaime Rubio said...

I adored that Meghan wore the "Ruby" slippers--no wonder she was a hit at the show! I hope that you are doing well--I will give you a call tomorrow I want to see how you are doing!

The Hull Family said...

What a fun night for Meghan. She looked so cute with her braids and especially those ruby red slippers! Wizard of Oz was always a favorite of mine growing up!

I also have to comment and tell you how beautiful your new daughter is! How fun it must be having 3 girls!!