Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Day 2007. Well, first it's an odd day for me. My father David died of cancer 1 year ago today on 11-22-06. I know he would have wanted us to enjoy the day with our family and to be thankful for our many blessings. I am very thankful that we are happy and healthy, and that we were able to celebrate the holiday with some of our family. My mom Cathy and brother Jeff came, and Adam's mom Babette, brothers Aric, Andrew and Taylor, and Aunt Julie came.
Meghan was quite my little helper for Thanksgiving dinner. She helped me roll the dough into balls for the rolls.
We made 3 dozen rolls! Well, Meghan made 6 amazing rolls and I made the rest.

While I was finishing the rolls, Meghan set the table for me as her Grandma Cathy sat and talked on her cell phone to my sister Michelle in San Francisco.


Meanwhile, all the men-folk played video games.
Here is my brother Jeff and Adam's brother Aric.

And Adam's brother Taylor. (Not pictured: Andrew and Adam, I forgot to get a pic of them playing too)





Before dinner, Meghan decided to go outside and read to the dogs (and lay her clean blanket on the ground!) Adam's mom brought over her 4 dogs (the 4 white ones), plus our 2 (the 2 brown ones), equals 6 dogs running around in our backyard! Here is Meghan with (L-R) Kip, Kyle, Kabe, and Luke. Tiki is at the top of the pic and Bo was running around somewhere. The dogs weren't too interested in sitting and listening to a story but they did like the attention.

Dinner Time! Here is (L-R) Aunt Julie, Cathy, me, Kaitlyn, Aric, Jeff, Taylor and Andrew.


...and Jeff, Taylor, Andrew, Babette, Meghan, Adam, Aunt Julie and Cathy.



After dinner, the men played more video games and Meghan, my mom and I played Chutes and Ladders! This game has a lot of 'ups' and 'downs' but Meghan won!

Then we had dessert: banana cream pie and pumpkin pie, yum!!

Hope your Holiday was yummy too!

Love, the McGary Family

1 comment:

michelle said...

Looks like another successful and yummy holiday at the McGary's. Glad I was pictured too via cell phone.