Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Feast!

Today in Meghan's first grade class was a 'Thanksgiving Feast'! All the families were invited to come eat lunch with our child in the classroom. Adam, Katie and I were pleased to attend.

When we arrived, all the children were wearing bonnets, hats or collars like the pilgrims. Meghan is in the back row on the left.

The children sang a song about being thankful and also did sign language to the song. Many parents had tears in their eyes, mine included. OK, I was the one balling the most, but 20 kids singing and signing about how thankful they are is very touching and sweet.

After the song we got to see Meghan's place mat at her desk. It's her two hands colored liked turkeys....I love that it is laminated, I can keep this forever now!!


Katie loved going to Meghan's school. She got to sit right next to her at her desk, big stuff!!


Then it was the 'Feast' time. There was turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, veggies, fruit, stuffing, ...and more.


A picture of Meghan's class during the 'Feast'.




The McGary Family at the 'Feast'!


Meghan's pilgrim plate. (the one in the center)


All the pilgrim plates from the class. (Meg's is in the top left corner)


Meghan and her pilgrim bonnet, standing next to her 'thankful' essay. She drew a picture of herself under a rainbow and a big yellow sun. It said, and I quote "I am thankful for my Mom and Dad. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for the wrld (she misspelled world)"
Now I'm crying again. I love her so much.

1 comment:

Cathy Lewis said...

What a wonderful feast...far outdistances the ones you had at Gilbert, Andrea! I loved the placemat, the plates of Pilgrims and Meghan's Thankful story. Who needs the o in wrld? She got the sounds down!! Love, Grandma Cathy