Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kaitlyn is Four!

Four years ago today, Kaitlyn Leanne joined our family. She was so tiny and long compared to her big sister. She was so sweet and loved to be snuggled in a ball. Katitlyn was supposed to be named something else, but when we met her it didn't fit. Yikes! So Adam and I went through our list of names again and Kaitlyn was the only name that fit. Her middle name Leanne is a combo from my grandma LeNore and Adam's grandma Joanne.


I love this pic of Katie, it's from her first Halloween. She was 9 months old and just the cutest darn Piglet ever!
Katie and her Valentine's Day red velvet dress and shoes. Here is Katie and I in the fall of 2006.Dancing at her Aunt Atalie's wedding. She was one of the flower girls. Katie has always "danced to her own tune".

Typical Katie, she stole my heels and was hiding behind the couch, except she was playing with this dancing snowman and it plays loud music, so we heard the music playing and followed the sound and we found Katie! Glad I had my camera!Ah, my little Cinderella, Katie LOVES dress-up. Her grandma Babette had curled her hair and Katie just beamed in her dress.

Last September, Katie fell off our bed and broke her arm, sound kinda familiar? Well, Katie is my little monkey, I did tell her to stop jumping on the bed, but instead of bumping her head she fractured her arm resulting in a pink cast for 6 weeks. Here she is with her "Puppy".
I am so grateful for my little Kaitlyn. She has brought so much joy and laughter into our family. Knowing now that she is my middle child, I love that she has her own way of doing things and has her own opinion. She is so loving and gives the best hugs. She loves to be a helper when she wants to. She really enjoys killing bugs and spiders. Katie loves to sing and dance and perform recitals for whoever will listen!!
Happy 4th Birthday Kaitlyn!!

No comments: