Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday!!! Since my kitchen is non-existent at the moment, Meg and I made her a rice-crispy treat cake! (because I have no oven but I could still use the microwave to melt the butter and marshmallows). Since the house has been taken over by the kitchen we went inside the RV to do the cake. The girls loved the idea of going into the RV to sing happy birthday to grandma. (it then donned on me that I have an oven in my driveway, oh well, my mom liked her birthday cake anyways)
We then headed back inside the house for gifts. Katie helped with wrapping grandma's presents this year.
~
I am very grateful for my mom. My mom was not a perfect mother, but neither am I, whose is? But she has always loved me unconditionally through my many, many trials and my few triumphs. I'm thankful for the relationship that we have and that we talk to each other almost every day. I love that she shared with me her love of the theatre when I was growing up and that we have a date night at least 4 times a year at the Long Beach Theatre (we saw Silk Stockings, The Producers and Forbidden Broadway so far this year, and we'll see Little Shop of Horrors in July & Fiddler on the Roof in August!). I could go on and on about how proud I am of her and how amazing she is, but I'm already bawling my eyes out...so, Happy Happy Happy Birthday to MY mom!!! Love you!!!


1 comment:

Cathy Lewis said...

Thank you, honey, you got me crying too; and you have MANY triumphs and talents. I am so very proud of my children. You are my rock and help me so much.