Saturday, September 20, 2008

A WICKED Evening....finally

So last night we FINALLY saw Wicked at the Pantages Theatre in L.A. This has been something that we've been attempting for almost 2 years now.


Backstory: Christmas 2006, Adam's gift to me was 2 tickets to see Wicked (third row seats, just off-center, wow!)...but not in here in L.A. but at the Gershwin Theatre in New York City!! he is always so romantic. So our trip to New York was planned for October 2007. Fastforward to Sept 2007, just 2 weeks before we were to leave we found out there was a miscommunication with the condo we were staying at and now we had NO accommodations for our 8 day stay in New York City. Adam scrambled to find something last minute but anything decent was either booked or it was over $800 a night. So we cancelled our New York trip and sold our Wicked tickets thru e-bay (the winner and her daughter emailed us and said they had a fabulous time. Um, of course they did, they were my 3rd row tickets!!)


So after crying due to disappointment (we had been planning this trip for over 9 months) Adam decided to instead, surprise me by taking me to ... Las Vegas. Um, not exactly what I was hoping for as a replacement for going to New York City. Anyway, we stayed at the 'New York, New York Hotel' (ok, he was trying so hard to make this up to me). Long story short, the Vegas trip sucked, he had gotten front row tickets to see a show and the tickets didn't arrive in time, and we ended up going home early.


So back to present day: last month Adam wrote on the calendar 'Date Night' for Sept 19th. I asked what he had planned and he had that twinkle in his eye. So I naturally asked my random 20 questions and bugged him until he revealed that we were going to see Wicked...finally!! WhoooHooo!!! I actually kept this a secret (except my mom) in fear that I would taboo myself.


So Adam and I got all dressed up (Meg took the pic) and headed to L.A.
Cameras weren't allowed inside but here is a pic outside of the theatre. We had a great time. I really enjoyed the show and if the opportunity came my way I would definitely go again.

Thanks to my sweetie for trying so hard for me to have a Wicked night, love ya babe!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad you were able to go. Wicked is so good! I could watch it over and over.

michelle said...

So glad it finally happened. High-five to Adam for surprising you.

p.s. Wicked is about to start again up here (where it originally debuted) if you want to see it again... =)