Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Meg's 1st day in Second Grade

Today was the first day of school for Meg. She is a big 2nd grader now.

She wanted to wear her 'Hannah Montana' outfit and her new black sequin headband.
Oh, and according to Meg: 'backpacks' are for Kindergartner's and 1st graders; 2nd graders are big kids now and they use 'messenger bags'!! But not just any messenger bag, but a 'Camp Rock' bag!!
Adam, Katie, Peyton and I all walked Meg to her new classroom. She started a new elementary school closer to our home this year. As we walked away I started to cry, it never gets easier for me on the first day of school.

The 2 little girls and I picked up Meg from school. Meg loves her new school, her teacher is nice and she made 2 new friends today.

*Editor's note: When Meg hung her bag next to all the BACKPACKS, I asked her about it and she said "the other kids just don't know it yet". FYI, there was a total of 3 messenger bags out of the 17 students in her class. I also saw lots of older kids with the bags.

3 comments:

michelle said...

She's just a trendsetter. She looks very cute and hip for a second grader.

Jaime Rubio said...

Well watch out--she may be the next designer in th family!!! How cute about "the other kids just don't know it"!!! They grow up too fast don't they!

The Hull Family said...

Meg looks so grown up! Look at her in that stylish outfit! She's only in second grade?
Congratulations on the new RV. The cmping trip looked like a lot of fun. I think you're very brave to take 3 small kids camping!