Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday's "Crafty Moment"

So I've been wanting to have a 'crafty moment' for awhile now, so I pulled out my Cricut and made three eggs to decorate the girls pics in our entry way. In our entry way is 6 pics, the 3 on top is their one month photo and the 3 on the bottom is their current photo. This area gets decorated a lot depending on the season or holiday. I had some spring flowers I could have used but I wanted something more 'easterish', so I got my crafty groove on and made the personalized eggs. And yes, I will use these for the next few years too.
Next, besides me having my own 'crafty moment', I wanted the girls to have a 'crafty moment' too. But, I wanted it to be something that I can use to decorate for the Easter season or some other purpose. So I got everything ready: paint kits, aprons, wet ones, 1 large sheet of paper and two paper eggs for each girl. I had everything set-up outside and then it got windy. So it got moved inside.
The girls each got a water-paint kit for Christmas and it definitely got used today. The girls each water-colored a sheet of paper and one paper egg (I used 1 sheet of construction paper for each egg).
It was messy. Then I forgot that I had left the aprons outside...ugggh. So Peyton only wore hers after she had paint all over her shirt.
The other paper egg was used for hand prints, I used leftover craft paint from other projects and then I decorated the edge. Then it was clean-up time.

The finished products!
L to R: Peyton, Katie and Meg's masterpieces.

Once the paper eggs were dry, I wrote their name and the date on the back and then I hung them on our pantry doors. The water-colored sheets of paper will be framed and placed in the playroom as soon as I get frames.
So we had our crafty moment and my pantry looks beautiful! I can't wait to use all of them next year and compare the handprints.

1 comment:

Jaime Rubio said...

You are "crafty"! You always do fun and cute thing!