Sunday, November 22, 2009

Remembering Dad

Today was an emotional hard day for me and my family. We lost my dad three years ago today to cancer.

I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that I will see him again. I am also grateful that my two older daughters were able to love him, get hugs, and play with him here on earth. It breaks my heart that Peyton will not.

Meghan and my dad were really close. At family gatherings all I had to do was find my dad and there was Meg. My parents and Meg (8 months) - Easter 2002

My parents, Katie & Meg - Aug 2006


4 Generations - My Grandpa Lewis, my dad, me, Meghan & Katie - Aug 2006 at the Redlands Temple


After church we went to see my dad and met my mom there.
We relaxed, ate snacks and watched 4 deer eat flowers on the next section over.
I asked Meg what she remembers about her Papa and one of things was going on walks with him. She still gets sad and emotional when she talks about him for more than a few minutes. Katie knows who Papa is but she was only 20 months when he died, but I have pictures for her.
Meg, Katie & Peyt picked flowers (those little white wild flowers) and placed them on his marker. On the way home we sang Familes Are Forever. I am very grateful for my family and love them very much.

No comments: