It was officially my birthday yesterday. I'm old. I'm definitely in those older brackets on those surveys now, you know the ones that are either 25 - 35, or 30 - 40!! Ouch!
So Adam and I both took yesterday off work to celebrate my birthday and relax and enjoy our day together without our girls.
First up: Glen Ivy Hot Springs. Since you get in FREE on your birthday we would only have to pay for Adam....except when we arrived at Glen Ivy (on the Thursday before 4th of July weekend) we had to park in the overflow parking, not the first overflow area but the SECOND overflow area!!
See the palm trees on the left, that's where the entrance is. We walked up to the gate and the place was PACKED! And more were arriving. The whole idea is to relax here, but the thought of having to wait in a line to use one of the pools or if there were any lockers left started stressing me out so I choose to change our plans. I was bummed, I love going to Glen Ivy and I was SO excited to got with Adam, but not under these circumstances. SO we're going to go later this year. So we left Glen Ivy, and headed to Tom's Farms. We got some sodas and relaxed next to the pond and talked for almost 2 hours, then we shopped a bit.
We then took the Ortega Highway to Laguna Beach. I got car sick. (This day just keeps getting better!) We then went and parked at one of Adam's clients and they recommended this rooftop restaurant for lunch across the street. So we walked over there, the view was beautiful. We waited a while and the waitress finally took our drink order and then after she gave us our drinks she asked what we wanted to eat, we said we didn't have any menus and she pointed to the thingy on the table and said this was our menu for the "Happy Hour". Huh??? It was almost 3pm! We were then informed that lunch is served until 2pm, and from 3pm to 5pm is happy hour.
Since we already ordered sodas we stayed and ordered empanadas and potstickers. I felt better after eating some food. We then left and headed to our hotel, the Hyatt Newporter in Fashion Island. Adam's sister Atalie was watching the girls for us overnight. We checked in and went swimming, relaxed. Went over to Fashion Island for dinner and ate at P.F. Changs. Forgot my camera. Dinner was great, great food, great conversation, didn't have to feed any baby or make sure the other two were eating...I just got to enjoy my meal. Lovely.
Since we already ordered sodas we stayed and ordered empanadas and potstickers. I felt better after eating some food. We then left and headed to our hotel, the Hyatt Newporter in Fashion Island. Adam's sister Atalie was watching the girls for us overnight. We checked in and went swimming, relaxed. Went over to Fashion Island for dinner and ate at P.F. Changs. Forgot my camera. Dinner was great, great food, great conversation, didn't have to feed any baby or make sure the other two were eating...I just got to enjoy my meal. Lovely. ~
This morning we headed home to pack up the van and head to Big Bear for the weekend.
My birthday didn't go as planned but I did get to relax and have a day alone with Adam. Thank you Atalie and Babette for watching all 3 girls for us.
This morning we headed home to pack up the van and head to Big Bear for the weekend.
My birthday didn't go as planned but I did get to relax and have a day alone with Adam. Thank you Atalie and Babette for watching all 3 girls for us.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Andrea! I LOVE Glen Ivy...so sad that it didn't work out for you, but it did sound like you had a great (and very relaxing) birthday anyway!
Happy Birthday sister. MWAH.
Post a Comment