Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decorating the tree; dance-a-thon

Sunday Dec 14, 2008
After church I put the string of lights on the tree. Then after the girls had their baths it was time to decorate, Adam put some Christmas music on and a fire in the fireplace while I divided up the ornaments. I divide the ornaments into several piles (each gets a cushion on the couches): Meg's, Katie's, Adam and mine, family, misc (ones we got from trips) and of course the colorful balls.
The girls each put their own pile up first, then they help put up the rest.

Here is Meg's pile. She has one for each year from my parents, plus a few from church and day-care, and others that were gifts.

Here is Katie's pile.
Peyton has 1 ornament (so far) and really enjoyed the ornaments and lights.

Our family has an ornament for each year. It's fun to look back at them, especially the ones when our family was just 3. Here are some of them...
...and the new one for 2008.

I love looking at our tree each year, all the ornaments bring back great memories from trips we've taken or from when the girls were little.
After all the ornaments were on the tree both the girls started dancing around to the Christmas music.
They danced and danced...and showed ALL their great moves...
...and then Peyton joined in too.

1 comment:

Cathy Lewis said...

The pictures are great and the memories they will bring, even better.