Friday, April 4, 2008

New Kids on the Block are BACK!!!!!

Today is a great day, first it's Friday and it's official....they're back, all 5 of them ~ Jordan, Jon, Joey, Donnie & Danny!!
I was a huge Jordan fan. I loved hearing him sing and thought he had such awesome moves and that smile just made me melt. I have many fond memories of gushing over them, listening to their songs and reading about them in 'Teen Bop' or 'Bopper' magazine with my sister Laura and my cousins Melissa & Jaime. We four were lucky enough to attend their concert with two other girls (friends of Laura) with my mom and aunt who chaperoned us.
Confession: I still have their cassette's (remember those?) and their Hanging Tough CD was usually found hidden in my car (I would listen to them when I was sad because it always cheered me up, or if I was in a fun mood I would sing out-loud in my car and just jam). Adam found the CD while cleaning my car once and was appalled that I would still listen to them, he threatened to throw it away, I started to cry, he rolled his eyes and the CD was returned unharmed.
Anyway, they made their official announcement this morning on NBC's "Today Show" that they're back!! It's been 20 years since their second album 'Hanging Tough' debut in 1988.

They've secretly been in the recording studio since last August, but word leaked out of their possible reunion on several Internet sites and their website (http://www.nkotb.com/) had over a million hits causing it to shut down temporarily.

They wanted to officially announce their reunion this May with the release of their first single but fans were confused as to whether the rumors were true or not. So they set the record straight by announcing today that they're back and are planning on releasing their first new single in May and a tour this summer and fall.
Their first 'concert' will be on the "Today Show" on May 16th. My tivo will be set, will yours?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Um, I didn't own any of their cassettes or anything. I could recognize their music though. It's not that I didn't like them, I just didn't listen.

Unknown said...

I was a Jordan fan also. It will be interesting to see. Ha, that makes me laugh.

Unknown said...

OK sorry, I am logged in under Aaron's e-mail. He was not a Jordan fan. Actually he always makes fun of Melissa because she loved New Kids on the Block. I have got to pay better attention to who I am logged in as.

Laura