Saturday, December 17, 2011

Advent Days 16-17

Friday Dec. 16th: Ornaments from Grandma Cathy, Decorate Gingerbread House with Daddy! Tonight Grandma Cathy came by to pick me up for our theatre date. Before we left she gave the girls their annual ornament!
After the girls opening their ornaments my mom and I left to go see the Winter Wonderettes at the Carpenter Theatre.
So tonight was just Daddy and the girls, so advent was to decorate a gingerbread house, the girls got on their 'elf' aprons and helped daddy....
when I got home 4 hours later this is what was accomplished...
...because I bought a kit that needed to be assembled! Opps.  Adam made the frosting and then had to frost (glue) all the sides together one at a time and then wait for it to dry, then add more sides and wait for it to dry, then add the roof, etc. So we will finish it tomorrow. Lesson learned, always buy the pre-assembled kits. Adam said they watched 'Shrek the Halls' and Calliou's Holiday show so it was still a fun night for the girls!
Saturday Dec. 17th: Finish decorating the Gingerbread House with Grandma Babette! Tonight Adam and I have his office holiday party so Grandma Babette came over to watch all four girls and they all finished decorating the gingerbread house. Yah!!!

No comments: