Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008!

Our Mother's Day Weekend
Saturday May 10th: I went to lunch with my mom and her 2 sisters at Olive Garden. It was just us ladies. It was so nice to just visit and not worry about my girls (like them eating their meal, not dropping anything on the floor, etc). Meanwhile, Adam was working on another part of my Mother's Day gift, a new car radio for my Expedition. My old radio was starting to skip and have speaker problems. So Adam bought and installed a new HD radio with blue tooth. As of July 1, 2008 in CA, the new law is that all adults driving (over 18) have to have 'hands free' units with their phones, or you will get a ticket (if you're caught). Those under 18 are not allowed by law to use a phone PERIOD!

The new radio is very cool. Adam was excited that it has HD radio options, I love that it has a remote. I have used the blue tooth a few times and I am still figuring out how to use it.


Sunday May 11th: Happy Mother's Day!! Goal for 2008: take more pics of the girls and me. I went thru so many pics and found tons of the girls with their dad, but barely any with me (because I'm the one who takes the pics). I did find some with me and Meg, or me with Katie, but it was hard to find 1 with all 3 of us. Here is a pic of me and my girls in Vancouver, Canada, in the summer of 2006. It's funny to see what traits your children inherit from their parents. Meg is a lot like me (note the chocolate milk in the pic) and Katie is a lot like Adam. I am very blessed to have 2 beautiful healthy daughters and another one on the way.

The girls with both of their grandma's, Easter 2008.

A special Happy Mother's Day to my mom and my mother-in-law. They're both wonderful women and are always there for me when I need advice or a hand. I'm so blessed to have them be so close to us, and be a big part in my daughters lives.


Monday May12th: Muffins with Mommy!

Meg's 1st grade class had "Muffins with Mommy". Meg made me a bracelet last week in class, so myself and almost all of the moms were wearing their new bracelets to the brunch.

It was fun that I got to go to school with Meg and have brunch with her and celebrate Mother's Day with just her. In her classroom there was juice, a variety of muffins and fresh fruit. Meg and I both had the chocolate chip muffin!! (Shock!)

All the kids got to bring 1 blanket, 1 pillow and up to 3 books from home. During the brunch I got to read just with Meg and have snuggle time. Meg and I snuggled at her desk as I was afraid that if I sat on the floor I would have an issue of getting my 7-month prego self back up without embarrassment.

Meg made me a card with a drawing of me with yarn hair on the outside and all my favorites listed on the inside. It's funny to see what you child thinks you like. She said I love pasta, the color blue and sleeping, so true. At the end of the brunch, Meg's teacher shared her favorite story with all of us.

No comments: