Friday, February 15, 2008

Nocturnal Habits

As a parent, you sometimes worry that during the night (while you are fast asleep) your children are still breathing. Well, lately Adam and I have the concern of what Katie is getting in to while we are sleeping. The past few weeks we have awoken to all the lights on in the house, the fridge door left open, candy wrappers on the table, etc.

Katie has been having nocturnal romps around the house while the rest of us are sleeping. She has played in the playroom, puts on her dress-up stuff and who knows what else. Sometimes we wake up in the middle of the night to catch her in the act, or when we wake up in the morning we find the remains of her romping (like the candy wrappers).

This past week we have found Katie not in her bed in the morning but in other random areas in the house.

Here is a picture of Katie behind her curtain, (I took the picture from the backyard looking in). First, she is wearing Meghan's nightgown inside-out, second she is wearing her black church shoes on the wrong feet. This is how we found her in the morning. She usually sleeps with her legs crossed.






This is how we found her this morning. This time she is wearing her nightgown, with the yellow blanket from the junk room, her black church shoes (on the right feet this time) on the bottom step of our stairs!!!




Is this normal for a 3 year old? (Well, she'll be 3 next month)

4 comments:

Cathy Lewis said...

This girl is going to keep you hopping! Life certainly won't be dull with Katie around!! How sweet to see where she finally falls asleep. Love, Grandma Cathy

michelle said...

Is it terrible that I'm completely laughing about this?

You should set up some sort of camera to fill this. That would be really funny.

The McGary Family said...

No it's not terrible, I'm her mom and I laughed first, then grabbed the camera!

Rebecca said...

I would first of all make sure that your doors are not easily opened from the inside for her. I would worry that she would leave the house. She could be sleep walking? But, with all THAT activity I suspect she's just finding alone time for herself.