Saturday, February 16, 2008

And our third child is.....A GIRL!!!

Adam and I went to our 'big ultrasound' today for the anatomy scan and to find out the sex of the baby. Adam's brother Andrew watched the girls for us. The baby is healthy. We got to see the arm bones, leg bones, 2 feet, 2 hands, the brain, and all 4 chambers of the heart. At the end of the scan the baby's legs were open and it's a girl!!!

We got 2 pink "It's a Girl!" balloons for the girls and I put 1 in each box for them to open. I explained that when they opened their boxes if there was a blue balloon they would have a baby brother, if the balloon was pink, then they would have a baby sister.

Here they are in the livingroom with our cat Rascal. (Please note: Katie is wearing one of their dress-up dresses)

Meghan opened her box first...

...then Katie opened hers, she was very excited!

Here is the video of them opening their boxes. Please note: there wasn't any paparazzi in our livingroom, its just Adam with the camera. Meghan was surprised it was a girl, she wanted a brother. Katie kept saying 'Wow' when she got her balloon, (at the end you can see her Cinderella shoes light up blue, that is so my Katie).

The girls played with their pink balloons. I think they were more excited about playing with the balloons then knowing what their baby sibling is.

After the girls found out, Adam and I went to dinner while Andrew watched the girls for us (thanks Andrew!).

Well, another girl. Now I have to find another shade of pink for the new nursery!

6 comments:

Cathy Lewis said...

We love and welcome another girl into our family...personally, third daughters are the best!!! Totally adore the balloon idea for Meghan and Katie to open. Now for the name....!!!!

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited to be able to pick out something girly for her (it seems like all i ever get to shop for are boys these days!). I love the balloons!

michelle said...

I agree with Mom on the third daughter comment. We are the best.

And I just love Katie's expression when she realized she was getting a baby sister. Just precious.

Rebecca said...

I'm a third daughter too, yes we are the best. Is your mom a third daughter too? And, maybe you shouldn't be too surprised since your mom had three girls also before any boys.

That was a very cute idea on how to let the girls know what to expect come July.

Laura said...

Very cute!! Congrats on another girl. Good luck trying to find another shade of pink.

Sarah Hull said...

Congrats!!! Three girls in a row. that is too fun!!! We are thrilled for you.