(The baby's head is at the bottom looking up, the body is to the right and the legs are crossed on top)
I haven't mentioned it earlier on my blog because I was having complications in the first trimester. My first blood test around 6 weeks showed that I had a low progesterone level. A low progesterone level indicated that my uterine lining was weak and that I had a risk of the lining detaching and thus causing a miscarriage. Also, an ultrasound showed that I had blood in my uterus. I was immediately placed on a progesterone supplement and advised not to lift anything over 20 pounds (including Katie), avoid moving my pelvic area to quickly (no bending or twisting), no exercise (doctor's orders!) and not to raise my heart rate. So basically I was advised to be lazy, which worked out since I had zero energy and was nauseous in the evenings. Adam's little sister Morgan (she's 13) was my lifesaver as she would come over a few nights each week and help with the dishes, cleaning and other household chores that I wasn't allowed to do.
After 6+ weeks of treatment, many disappointing blood tests that showed little improvement in my progesterone level, and a few ultrasounds, I am finally 'out of the woods' as they say. I am a little over 12 weeks prego now and everything is looking good, my progesterone levels are still lower than the 'normal' average but my doctor is pleased with the increase in the last 6 weeks.
So that is the update for now. I will keep everyone posted.
1 comment:
Yay for more McGary babies and that my sister bares them so well.
Post a Comment