Sunday, October 11, 2009

Long Beach Marathon 2009

Today was an early day. Both of my sisters were running in the Long Beach Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and it started at 7am so we had to get there early to cheer them on!

Most of family was between Mile 2 and Mile 4 as the runners passed by that area twice. Meg and I were stationed at 'Mile 6' which was almost the half-way point to offer encouragement there.

First we saw Laura!!
And then Michelle!
Meg and I met up the rest of the family at 'Mile 12.5", it was about half a mile from the finish line. Laura's hubby Johnny and two kids were there, Michelle's hubby Jared and two kids were there, my mom, my brother Jeff, Meg and I were the cheerleading squad. Meg had brought some pom-poms so she Syd and Annabelle took turns 'cheering'.
My mom entertained Cash and Eleanor by singing the 'Wheels on the Bus', Cash was very entertained by his Grandma. First up at Mile 12.5 was Laura. We all cheered her on and hubby Johnny ran with her for a couple yards then detoured to meet her at the finish line.

After Laura finished and got her medal she joined us to cheer on Michelle. Michelle ran by and my mom held little El up so she could cheer her on too!
Jared ran with Michelle a few yards too and then we all met up with her at the finish line.
Earlier this year a goal was set that they would train and run in this marathon, and they did it, all 13.1 miles! I am so PROUD of their accomplishment. Michelle had a baby 6 months ago, gallbladder surgery 2 months ago and nursed El before the race and still ran it, AWESOME! Laura when younger was told a lot that she was 'not a runner', but after today proved she was a runner. I think you're a runner Lo!
I love my sisters!!
My cousin Holly ran the full Marathon (26.2 miles), so congrats to her as well!!
~
Later tonight some of us met up at my mom's for pizza, lasagna and garlic bread, and to relax.
I asked the girls to smile...they're so goofy.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Thanks for cheering me on. Love you.