Merry Christmas! Santa stopped by our home last night and left the girls a new Barbie doll house, 2 new barbies, a ken doll and a new car. The gifts from us to the girls are the red and blue gifts (blue is Barbie, red is Disney princess wrapping paper)

Our fireplace with our stockings. My maternal grandma (Grandma
LeNore Lewis) made my stocking when I was born many years ago. She made one for her, my grandpa and each one of her children (my dad and his siblings) when they were born, then she made one for their spouses as they married and all 22 grandchildren. I am number 4 of the 22. My grandma died when I was 12, so my mom has continued the tradition by making stockings for my 2 brother-in-laws, my husband and the 4 granddaughters.
The girls finally woke up and came down the hallway to see what Santa left them.
They were very excited about the Barbie doll house. They were having so much fun with Santa's gift that they had no interest in seeing their stocking or opening up presents!! We finally convinced them to see their stockings.
Meghan getting her stocking.
Katie getting her stocking with daddy's help.
The girls with their presents from us.
Opening their first Christmas gift.
More pajama's!!!
Fancy tiaras too! Meg got purple and Katie got pink.
And new books! Katie got some books on colors, numbers and stars. Meghan got books for stage 2 readers.
Katie got some new dress up shoes, which she had on her feet within minutes (and the rest of the morning).
Meghan got a Barbie guitar.

Meghan with her gifts from us. My mom has tainted me with the need to photograph my children with all of their gifts. If you are ever at my mom's she has pics of me (and my siblings) at every birthday and Christmas with
all our presents. It is really nice to have because sometimes I forget when something was given, I also note who gave the item.
Katie showing off her gifts, note the new shoes she is wearing.
OK, having 2 girls has its ups and downs, especially when the younger one wants what the older one has. I usually give the girls matching items to avoid conflict, but we gave Katie new dress-up shoes and Meghan a guitar. Well as Meg was
rockin' her guitar... Katie decided to have a fit (actually a complete meltdown). I had actually bought 2 guitars, a cheap 'generic' one and a 'Barbie' one. Adam and I both thought Meg would prefer the 'Barbie' one, so I was going to return the 'generic' one later. So I went in my closet and grabbed the 'generic' guitar to give to Katie. So now all is well, we have 2 happy little girls and a very noisy home.

My mom, my brother Jeff and Adam's family came over for breakfast. The girls opened their gifts from my mom and Jeff. Katie got a new dress up outfit from her favorite Barbie
movie.
Meghan with new toys.

Breakfast with Aunt Julie,
Aric, Cathy, Jeff, Andrew, Meghan and Adam. Adam's mom made her yummy crepes, I made cinnamon rolls and Adam's brothers made pigs-in-a-blanket (sausage wrapped in a crescent roll).
Meghan, Adam, Kaitlyn and I at breakfast.
After breakfast we opened up the gifts from Adam's family.
Meghan got pretend make-up.

Katie got a new baby doll.
Uncle Andrew helps hook up their TV to their new
Star Station gift from their Aunt April. It's a camera that puts your kids on TV, it has 2 microphones.
The girls
rockin' with their guitars, with their new red shoes, on their new Barbie dancing mat with their Uncle Jeff in front of the Star Station.

Later that day we went to Adam's sister
Atalie (& Randy's) home for Christmas dinner. here is Aunt Julie, Andrew, Meghan, April, Randy,
Atalie,
Aric and Katie.
Katie, Adam, Andrea and Babette at dinner.
Then we opened up gifts, Katie got a new necklace and bracelet from Julie and a green sweater from Atalie & Randy.
Meghan with her new earrings and necklace from Julie.
We had a wonderful Christmas with our family. I hope everyone had a
wonderful Christmas too. From our home to yours, Merry Christmas from the
McGary's!!
1 comment:
That star station thing is awesome.
Post a Comment