Wednesday, October 30, 2013

And then there was 12...

So in 2005, I bought name frames of my two daughters and my niece. My parents were ecstatic to have three granddaughters and my mom loved the frames on her mantle. She would see the frames every day and show the girls off to anyone who visited.
So eight years later, there is now 12! Yep, 12! I have 4 daughters, Laura has 4 (3 girls, 1 boy) and Michelle has 4 (2 girls, 2 boys) for a total of 9 girls and 3 boys. I have continued this tradition of getting my mom a new name frame with each new grandchild's birth. The last two were born this year and the frames arrived yesterday so now all 12 are on my mom's mantle next to my dads picture.
 The first six, ages 12, 8, 8, 6, 5, 5
 the last six ages 4, 3, 2, 2, 5 months, 1 month
I usually will sneak into my mom's house, add the newest frame and leave without her knowing. Then when she comes home she gets a wonderful surprise on her mantle. Thankfully, she has a mantle long enough to hold 12 adorable kids!

No comments: